About R.K. Talwar Memorial Lecture
The First R K Talwar Memorial Lecture was organized by the Indian Institute of Banking & Finance on 31.07.2007 at Mumbai. State Bank of India has instituted this Annual Memorial Lecture in memory of late R.K.Talwar, Chairman of the Bank for over 6 years.
He had played yeomen's role in the development and shaping of State Bank of India especially after 1969. The admirers of the late R K Talwar from amongst the pensioners, existing staff of the Bank and some outsiders collected funds to create an endowment to perpetuate his memory and recall his role/ contribution towards the growth and development of the Bank. SBI on its part has contributed a matching amount to the corpus created for this purpose.
He was also one of the Governing Council members (1968-1976), Vice President (1969-1976) & the President (1970 & 1975) of the Indian Institute of Banking & Finance
- Seventh R .K.Talwar Lecture - Topic : Castles in Sand: India and the Tide of Globalization by Dr. Ashish Nanda, Director, IIM, Ahmedabad on 24th August 2016
- Sixth Lecture-17/07/2015-Topic: Growth, Poverty and Economic Transformation in India delivered by Dr. Arvind Panagariya, Vice Chairman, NITI Aayog
- Video of 5th R.K. Talwar Lecture delivered by Shri N. Vaghul, Former Chairman, ICICI Bank on 7th September - 2011
- Fifth Lecture-07-09-2011-Topic: "The Future of Finance in India"-delivered by Shri N Vaghul, Former Chairman, ICICI Bank
- Fourth Lecture - 28.07.2010 - Topic : "The Future of Financial Regulations : Some Reflections"-delivered by Dr . Rakesh Mohan, Chairman, National Transport Development Planning Committee, Planning Commission, Govt. of India
- Third Lecture-23.07.2009 - Topic : "Capital and Citizenship : Challenges and Opportunities before Financial Inclusion"-delivered by Smt. Elaben Bhatt, Founder Self Employed Women's Associaion (SEWA)
- Second Lecture-25.07.2008 - Topic : "Human Resource as a Key Driver in Indian Economy"-delivered by Shri Vinod Rai (IAS), Comptroller & Auditor General of India
- First Lecture-31.07.2007 - Topic : "The Indian Banking System-Challenges Ahead" delivered by Dr.C.Rangarajan, Chairman, Economic Advisory Council to the Prime Minister & Former Governor, Reserve Bank of India