Rules for the Direct Recruits E-Training
The objective of this programme is to make available structured, quality inputs to the new recruits in the form of e-learning and make them job ready within a short period from the day they join the banks. It is possible to deliver the E-Training as soon as the candidates are shortlisted such that they are job ready from day one of their joining banks. This will also result in reducing the training time and cost to banks.
Components of the E-learning package:
The proposed E learning package has four components as under -
- E-Book on Basics of Banking
- E-Learning on Introduction to Banking
- E-Learning on Core Banking
A. The E-Book contains 17 chapters on various aspects of banking and a glossary.
B. E-learning on Introduction to banking will be in 31 units as detailed in annexure I .
C. E-learning on Core Banking
The e-learning package on core banking of nearly 5-6 hours provides a complete in-sight into the banking business under CBS banking application environment viz.
- Core Banking solution usage,
- products and services overview in CBS,
- KYC, AML norms,
- Teller operations
- Transactions like creation of new customer file, standing instructions,
- RTGS transactions,
- Cheques for collection,
- GL reports,
- Transaction reports,
- Cashier reports etc.
The objective of the e-learning is to provide familiarity about the CBS environment at the entry level itself that will reduce the time of on the job training to such candidates. This is a flash based simulation designed on the broad format of the three CBS models in operation and is not drawn on any specific CBS of banks. Candidate will get an overview and the comfort of working in a CBS environment. This e-learning has both learn and try mode such that the trainees will have good feel and practice of CBS and can adapt to the banks own system quickly.
At the end of e-learning and class room training, the Institute will conduct an on-line objective type test of the candidates as per the needs of the banks. Candidates will be given a mark sheet. The Institute will indicate the performance of the candidates in term of marks scored and not in terms of pass or fail
. This will help the bank to identify areas where candidates need to focus further efforts in learning.
Rules for Testing
- On-line multiple choice questions Test: to be conducted on a given day at mutually agreed centers after three months.
- E learning will be made available for a total period of 6 months to the enrolled candidates, however testing can be done/taken after 3 months of e learning
- Test will have 90 multiple choice questions with four options
- Time allotted will be 90 minutes.
- Online testing will be done at 60 centres as shown per annexure II or new centres added at a later date.
- Test will be offered in tie up with the institute's online examination partner at their internet cafes. The test could also be delivered by internet.
- Separate and log in and pass word will be allotted/ conveyed to each candidate for taking the test.
- Tests will be proctored
- At the end the candidate will be able to print his/her mark list.
- A consolidated list on the performance of the candidates will be given to the bank for its record.
- Institute will be able to offer the test at the learning centres of the Bank also, in case of need.
Candidates taking the programme will be given a log in password to the e-learning through IIBF portal. Candidates will be asked to undergo e-learning for 20-30 hours. The performance of the candidate in the e-learning could be monitored, if needed. The e-learning will be made available to the candidates for a period of 6 months.
The fee for the e-learning programmes and testing is Rs.1000/- + taxes per candidate. The class room training at select locations could be done subject to specific costs being reimbursed to the institute.
Class room teaching
In case the banks desire the Institute will arrange classroom training of about 3 to 5 days in major metros covering the above syllabus. This training is intended to provide an opportunity for the candidates to understand the finer aspects of communication skills, soft skills and customer interface which will be relevant at the branch operations, apart from cementing the knowledge inputs provided in the E learning. The cost for the class room training will be indicated separately.
IIBF can also offer the class room training in the virtual class mode, subject to availability of minimum number of candidates at each centre as per the requirement of the service providers, wherein the candidate can access the class through his / her P.C. The cost will have to be worked out separately for this support.
E-learning on Introduction to banking will be in 31 units as given below:
a) Indian Financial System
1. Indian Financial System
2. Banking Regulation
3. Retail Banking, Wholesale and International Banking
4. Role and Functions of Capital Market, SEBI
5. Role and Functions of Mutual Fund
6. Role and Functions of Insurance Companies, Bancassurance, IRDA
7. Factoring, Forfaiting and Off balance sheet items
8. Credit Information Bureau (India) Ltd., Fair practices Code for debt collection, Banking Codes and Standards Boardof India.
9. Recent Development in the Indian Financial System
b) Functions of Banks
10. Banker - Customer Relationship
11. Bankers' Special Relationship
12. Opening of Accounts of various types of customers
13. Payment and Collection of Cheques and Negotiable Instruments
14. Ancillary services
15. Principles of Lending
16. Priority Sector Advances
17. Agricultural Finance
18. Micro Small and Medium Enterprises : structure and loans
19. Govt. Sponsored Schemes
20. Self Help Groups
21. Credit Cards / Home Loans / Personal Loans / Consumer Loans
22. Documentation for Bank loans
23. Different modes of charging securities
24. Types of Collaterals and their characters
25. Non-performing assets
26. Financial Inclusion
c) Marketing of Banking services
27. Introduction to Marketing
28. Consumer Behavior and Products
29. Channels of Distribution
d) Basics of Bank Accounting
30. Calculation of Interest
31. Accounts of Banking Companies
List of online centres for Diploma and Certificate Examinations
||Navi Mumbai (Vashi)
1. The Institute can make arrangement in other centers also provided there are a minimum of 10 candidates
2. It is possible to offer the testing (not-proctored) through internet also.